Looking for a simple yet engaging shawl pattern? Look no further than Amazing Day by Joji Locatelli. The combination of garter stitch, short rows and eyelet rows can create the most varied results, but it always guarantees that you’ll have a good time knitting. Enjoy working away on this simple and fun project!
- Finished Measurements: 84 inches (210 cm) from side to side and 17½ inches (44 cm) from top to bottom at deepest point (after blocking).
- Gauge:17 st and 44 rows = 4” (10cm) in garter st after blocking. Note: Gauge is not crucial for this project, but changes might result in a different yardage requirement.
- Materials Used: Yarn: This yarn is perfect to use a single skein + leftovers of fingering weight yarn. To make it like the sample, you will need 1 skein of Yummy 2-ply by Miss Babs (100% merino - 400 y [366 m] / 115 g) and a set of 6 mini-skeins of Yummy 2-ply toes by Miss Babs (100% merino - 133 y [122 m] / 38g).
- Needle Size: US 4 (3.5 mm) needles
You will need the following amounts of fingering weight yarn:
- MAIN COLOR: 400 yards (366 m). Shown in color Pewter (charcoal). The set used for all the contrasting colors is called Amazing Day and you can find it in Miss Babs’ Website: https://www.missbabs.com/collections/amazing-day.
- CONTRASTING COLOR (CC) 1: 52 yards (47m). Shown in color Family (darkest blue).
- CC 2: 66 yards (60m). Shown in color Friends (medium blue).
- CC 3: 66 yards (60m). Shown in color Memories (beige).
- CC 4: 60 yards (55m). Shown in color Laughter (off-white).
- CC 5: 66 yards (60m). Shown in color Sharing (baby pink).
- CC 6: 75 yards (68m). Shown in color Together (dusty pink).