Local Color Fiber Studio
$ 22.10 $ 34.00
Cascara Sport from Local Color Fiber Studio, is a springy 2 ply fiber that is a versatile choice for both garments and cozy accessories to be worn next to the skin. Yarns from Local Color Fiber Studio are only sourced from sustainably raised US grown and milled wool. Additionally, all of their yarns are hand-dyed using Bainbridge farmed or foraged plants as dye-material, and use non-toxic mordants. They care deeply about their environmental footprint and are passionate about utilizing plants, fungi and lichen that flourish in in their local climate.
This yarn, Cascara Sport, is produced from Rambouillet, a breed of sheep sometimes known as the French Merino. This breed does well in the Western states and produces wonderfully springy, durable, soft wool that can also be used for felting projects.
- Fiber content: 100% Rambouillet wool
- Yardage: 262 yds / 100g
- Weight: Sport weight, 2-ply
- Knit: 21– 24 sts = 4 inches (10cm), using US 5–7(3.75-4.5mm) needles
- Crochet: 18–22 sts = 4 inches (10cm), using US F5–7 (3.75-4.5mm) hook
- Care: Gently hand wash colors separately in cool water. Lay flat to dry.
- Note / Recommendations: This fiber will felt