Easy wearing with near-to-the-skin smoothness, Dapple delivers as the perfect go-to yarn for buttery soft baby sweaters, summer shawls and all-season apparel. This woolen-spun yarn is a blend of 40% Texas organic cotton and 60% Merino wool from Colorado. The spring and bounce of plump wool anchors this 2-ply DK weight yarn, providing structure and memory to your knitwear. Concurrently, cotton’s smooth hand softens wool’s rustic texture, making Dapple a dream for those knitters who crave a downier feel.
Organic cotton slubs shine throughout, creating marled and richly tonal effects within the colorways. With saturation ranging from light to dark in hue, each skein is a unique iteration with no dye lots to coordinate, making every project truly one-of-a-kind. Dive into this inspiring playscape and embrace the creative possibilities of multifaceted color. Experiment with fades, ombres and nuanced, blended fabrics — let Dapple do the work.
- 165 yards (150 meters) | 50 grams | DK weight
- Tonally-dyed colorways
- 2-ply woolen-spun construction
- 60% Merino wool / 40% organic cotton
- 20.7 micron Merino wool from Colorado
- Organic cotton from Texas
- Wool Scoured at Chargeurs Wool in Jamestown, South Carolina
- Cotton ginned at Woolam Gin in O’Donnell, Texas
- Spun at Crescent Woolen Mills in Two Rivers, Wisconsin
- Dyed at Caledonian Dye Works in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania