Hanna Lisa Haferkamp Project Bags
One of our favorite things to knit are sweaters, and this is exactly what the large project bags are designed for. Although they might not look like it, they can fit a women's sweater comfortably, and Hanna Lisa has been known to also use it for fingering weight men's sweaters. The only time she ever had to admit it was too small was for her Black Forest Cardigan - a beast in squishy Fishermen's Rib. The large project bags have two interior pockets (the more notions, the better, right?) and two carabiners so that they're also perfect for larger colorwork projects.
Project bag details:
- Large size: Appr. 30 cm x 33 cm x 11 cm / 11.8" x 13.0" x 4.3" (width x height x depth)
- Contrast fabric: 100% wool
- Carabiner & interior pocket(s): 2
Every project bag consists of these ingredients:
- 100% Austrian herringbone linen used as one of the outer fabrics
- 100% wool fabric used as the other one of the outer fabrics
- 55% linen, 45% viscose fabric for the lining
- 100% wool felt used as interfacing
- Metal zipper with polyester band
- Leather zipper pull
- Cotton thread
- Polyester label
What's the deal with the carabiners?
Well, has it ever happened to you that you're frantically trying to untangle yarn in the middle of a car or train or plain ride? Yeah, we've been there. Especially with colorwork. Our carabiners help avoid that dreaded fate of having to cut your yarn because it was un-saveable. You simply thread your working yarn through it, keep the yarn cake at the bottom of your bag and knit your heart out.
When you're ready to try on your project, you can simply un-clip the yarn from the carabiner, see whether your sweater / hat / socks fit, and re-clip it.
An alternative (not intended, but super handy!) use for the carabiner is to clip a pair of scissors and a few stitch markers to it to not lose them in your bag.