Brooklyn Tweed Dapple
- 165 yards (150 meters) | 50 grams | DK weight
- 2-ply woolen-spun construction
- 60% 20.5 micron Merino wool from Utah & Nevada
- 40% organic cotton from Texas Organic Cotton Marketing Cooperative
- Wool scoured at Chargeurs Wool USA in South Carolina
- Cotton ginned at Woolam Gin in Texas
- Spun at Crescent Woolen Mills in Wisconsin
- Skein dyed at Caledonian Dye Works in Pennsylvania
- Finished at Clemson Winding in Pennsylvania
Brooklyn Tweed sourced fluffy organic cotton from Texas and fine Merino wool from Utah & Nevada to create a yarn that knits like wool and wears like cotton. Their sweet spot – a 60/40 wool-cotton blend that balances Merino wool’s elasticity and bounce with cotton’s breathability and softness. Dapple’s woolen-spun construction creates sweatshirt-soft fabrics that are perfect for next-to-skin wear, with the heathered look of our favorite wool yarns.
Dapple’s lofty woolen-spun construction is wonderful for a wide range of gauges.
- 5¼ – 6 stitches to 1"
- Suggested Needle: 3.75 - 4.5 mm (US 5-7)
- Suggested Hook: 4.5 - 5.5 mm (US 7 - I-9)