Brooklyn Tweed Loft
- 275 yards (251 meters) | 50 grams | Fingering weight
- 2-ply woolen-spun construction
- 23-24 micron Targhee-Columbia wool from Wyoming
- Wool scoured at Bollman Industries in Texas
- Stock dyed at Tintoria Piana U.S. in Georgia
- Spun & finished at Harrisville Designs in New Hampshire
Brooklyn Tweed source's Targhee-Columbia wool from Wyoming to make Shelter, Loft, and Quarry – this breed’s lofty, warmth-trapping fleeces deftly combine the softness and elasticity of finewool Targhee with the robust substance and warmth of mediumwool Columbia. This fiber’s versatile mingling of wearability and durability particularly shines in woolen-spun yarns and is wonderful for next-to-skin wear, outerwear, and heirloom pieces for the home.
As a result of its airy woolen-spun construction, Loft works well at a wonderful range of gauges:
- 6 - 8 stitches to 1"
- Suggested Needle: 2 - 3.5 mm (US 0 - 4)
- Suggested Hook: 2.25 - 4 mm (US B-1 - G-6)