ÁlafossLopi by Istex is made from Icelandic sheep wool, which has two components to the wool, the long outer-coat, tog, and the shorter, soft undercoat, thel. Spinning the two components of the wool together creates an excellent yarn with loft and warmth, luster and incredible durability. Istex sources their fiber directly from the sheep farmers in Iceland, this wool is first scoured in the town Blönduós in north of the country and then spun at a mill located in the town Mosfellsbaer near Reykjavik.
If you are looking for a brightly colored, traditional Icelandic wool for warmer winter garments that will breath, AlafossLopi wool is the yarn you want. Clothes knitted from Alafoss Lopi wool yarn are cozy and lightweight.
- Fiber content: 100% New Wool
- Yardage: 109 yds / 100g
- Weight: Bulky / Single Ply
- Knit: 13 sts = 4 inches (10cm), using US 10–10.5 (6.0-6.5mm) needles
- Crochet: 11–13 sts = 4 inches (10cm), using US J10–K10.5 (6.0-6.5mm) hook
- Care: Hand wash. Lay flat to dry.
- Note / Recommendations: Felts beautifully. Ideal for colorwork