Brooklyn Tweed Shelter
- 140 yards (128 meters) | 50 grams | Worsted weight
- 2-ply woolen-spun construction
- 23-24 micron Targhee-Columbia wool from Wyoming
- Wool scoured at Bollman Industries in Texas
- Fleece-dyed heathered colorways:
- Stock dyed at Tintoria Piana U.S. in Georgia
- Spun & finished at Harrisville Designs in New Hampshire
- Skein-dyed solid colors:
- Spun at Harrisville Designs in New Hampshire
- Skein dyed & finished at Ultimate Textile in North Carolina
Brooklyn Tweed source's Targhee-Columbia wool from Wyoming to make Shelter, Loft, and Quarry – this breed’s lofty, warmth-trapping fleeces deftly combine the softness and elasticity of finewool Targhee with the robust substance and warmth of mediumwool Columbia. This fiber’s versatile mingling of wearability and durability particularly shines in woolen-spun yarns and is wonderful for next-to-skin wear, outerwear, and heirloom pieces for the home.
As a result of its lofty woolen-spun construction, Shelter works well at a wonderful range of gauges.
- 4¼ - 5 stitches to 1"
- Suggested Needle: 4.5 - 5.5 mm (US 7 - 9)
- Suggested Hook: 5.5 - 6.5 mm (US I-9 - K-10½)