Ensure your comfort during balmy weather shifts with the Urtia hat. Dapple’s cotton content has a smooth, cool hand — the perfect counterbalance to wool’s warming properties. The dreamy blend of cotton and wool makes this a hat you will reach for year-round. Worked with alternating columns of brioche and traditional rib, this textural hat is a sensory wonder in both fiber and stitch. Weather the shoulder seasons in comfort with this breathable accessory.
Please note: the hat’s crown may be worked from charted as well as written instructions.
Brooklyn Tweed Dapple — 60% Merino Wool, 40% Organic Cotton (165 yards/151 meters, 50 grams)
- 2 skeins
- Beanie version photographed in color Honeycrisp
- 2 skeins
- 195 yards/179 meters of DK weight wool/cotton yarn
- 220 yards/199 meters of DK weight wool/cotton yarn
- 24 stitches and 48 rounds = 4”/10 cm in Scrunchy Rib, after blocking
- One 16”/40 cm circular and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs) in size needed to obtain gauge listed (32”/80 cm circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using Magic Loop method)
- Suggested Size: 3.5 mm (US 4)
- 20”/51 cm circumference at widest point, unstretched
- 8¼“/21 cm (9”/23 cm) length
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Rib Cabled Cast On
2 out of 5: Adventurous Beginner