Caracol by Malabrigo is a truly a unique yarn! Starting with a bulky thick-and-thin single made of their delightfully soft superwash merino wool, the yarn is then criss-crossed with a binder thread (either black or white.) Then the yarn is dyed one of Malabrigo signature kettle-dyed colorways, and: poof! Something unlike any yarn they've made before, inspired by a particular style of handspun yarn. This unique yarn knits up into a cozy, fluffy fabric with a ton of texture and visual interest. Simple stitch patterns really let it sing!
- Fiber content: 100% Superwash Merino Wool.
- 90 yards/150grams
- Weight: Super Bulky / plied, thick and thin yarn.
- Knit: 9 sts = 4 inches (10cm), using US 13–19 sts7 (9-15mm) needles
- Crochet: 15–17 sts = 4 inches (10cm), using US N/P/15–P/Q (10-15mm) hook
- Care: Machine washable, gentle cycle, in cold water. Lay flat to dry, do not tumble.
- Note / Recommendations: Be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project since each bag is a different dye lot, and skeins may vary from bag to bag. The skeins may vary one from the other even within the same bag.